On March 5, 2019, the Niagara Falls Historic Preservation Commission held a public hearing for the landmarking of 822 Niagara Street. The Commission will be accepting written statements until April 2nd. At that time they will vote whether or not to recommend the application to the NF City Council. The landmark application will then be on the agenda at the April 3rd City Council meeting, where the Council Members will vote whether or not to locally landmark the building.
To submit your written statement to the Preservation Commission you can:
- Mail it to: NF Historic Preservation Commission
745 Main Street
PO BOX 69
Niagara Falls, New York 14302
- Drop it off at City Hall in the City of Niagara Falls Planning Office
But don’t stop there! Let NF City Council know that you support the landmarking of 822 Niagara Street. Visit
http://bit.ly/LandmarkJohnnieRyan to use PBN’s advocacy platform to send an email to the NF City Council asking them to vote YES to landmarking the former Johnnie Ryan Co. Bottling Plant.
If you’ve gone this far, why not take it to the next level? Call 716-286-4301 and tell them:
I support the landmarking of 822 Niagara Street, the former Johnnie Ryan Co. Bottling Plant, and urge the City Council to vote YES to landmarking it at their April 3rd meeting.
THANK YOU and GREAT JOB!
Wondering how you can stay up-to-date on this and other preservation advocacy issues? Then make sure to:
- Visit our website for updated notices about events and activities www.PreservationBuffaloNiagara.org
- Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter http://bit.ly/PBNemailsignup
- Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PreservationBuffaloNiagara
- Become a member! Visit https://preservationbuffaloniagara.org/join-support/ to learn more!